Sunday, January 2, 2011

23 Years of Disallusion: An Anniversary

On January 2nd, 1988 I:
  • Left my car at the bottom of the driveway with a note to my parents.
  • Drove to a church.  And yes, it was a Pentacostal church - recommended by a head trauma patient.
  • Eloped in my prom dress.
  • Honeymooned in a Motel 6 in Texarkana enroute to Dallas.
  • Dined on a steak finger basket at Dairy Queen.
  • Woke up in the middle of the night and swore my ring was missing.  When my newly-minted husband assured me it was on my finger, I exclaimed "I'm so disallusioned," and fell back to sleep.  Awoke five minutes later not remembering this incident.
On January 2nd, 2011 I:
  • Have no intention of driving anywhere today.  Its negative 40,000 degrees in Iowa.  
  • Plan to watch Weeds all day in my house coat.
  • Will dine on whatever my old, worn-out husband cooks and will like it immensely.
  • Slept soundly, dreaming I found arrowheads in dirt that I wanted to give my husband.
AND am still a bit disallusioned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment