1. Yes, I am probably the greatest writer named Idabel Allen featured in this blog.
2. No, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was not based on my life. At least, not all of it.
3. Yes, I've memorized witty comebacks for future NPR Fresh Air interviews for my books.
4. Yes, I dreamed Tammy Wynette agreed to let me write her memoir. SCORE!
5. No, I don't believe ebooks will kill traditional books. But I DO believe video killed the radio star (:
6. Yes, my favorite poem is There Will Come Soft Rains by Ray Bradbury from The Martian Chronicles.
7. No, I have never dressed in character and recited entire passages of Beloved. Okay, maybe 4 times.
8. Yes, the name Idabel comes from the Truman Capote novel, Other Voices, Other Rooms.
9. No, despite rumors, I am not Flannery O'Conner or Eudora Welty incarnate. I just like to think I am.
10. Yes, I need more cowbell.